View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #50
Smooth1SITF

Re: My 1969 Chevrolet C-10 Short Wide Bed Pickup

Thanks for your post. I have the original 350 motor with it and a 3 speed muncie that it came with but I wanted to make it automatic on this restoration. So I plan to sell it and get something better. So I have thought about it a lot and wanted something with some power and something that sounds good. Like tough coming down the road. Not too worried about gas mileage on this puppy, I have a regular daily driver for that. So that brought me to start looking at big block 454.

The rear end, some people have told me to wich it out with a camero rear end. One person said take a Ford Police Interceptor rear end and slap it on.... So I was getting a but confused.

I have been looking around at different things and this is what I came up with.

1) Engine - I went to Southwest Classics in Arlington, TX and saw a 454 engine they were selling. Was very nice and it kinda of got me interested in it.

2) Torque Converter - Looked at a lot of B & M so I was thinking about the B & M Holeshot 2400.

3) Transmission - So, thought about a matching B & M GM TH400 to go with it.

4) Rear End - I currently have the stock rear-end. 12 total lugs. I was thinking about taking it somewhere to get re-built.

What do you think?

I'm working on finishing the frame and the suspension right now (suspension is a full Hotchkis suspension system), so this is future planning and design right now. I plan to put the engine, transmission, and exhaust system in after that before I work on putting the cab, bed and front end back on.
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote