Thread: My 52 GMC Build
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #456
Coach529

Re: My 52 GMC Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
Unfortunately I don't think there is that magic number you are looking for, perhaps there is if everyone chimed in and gave exact specs. but that is the number one issue, not everyone has the same set up. For example, I used s10 chassis with stock lowers, angle cut bag cups, airlift 2600 bags and about 3" or less with my body off frame.

So the frame swap stuff I feel will be a little over the place, M2 kits on stock frames might yield more consistent numbers.

The key is to have as little pressure as you can get at your desired ride height, the 2600lb bags let you get same height as a 2500 with less pressure. One thing that is common is the pressure numbers. I hear a lot of 60 up front and 40ish in back. So I'd say start with 2-3" bag cups and cut down if necessary.

I was unsure as well, having no idea what pressure I'd be at for every inch the truck went up. Its going to be a lot of trial and error and really isn't an exact answer all the time. but that is the beauty of it, all the variables, not a dead set rule book all the time.
Thanks for the info. Always fun to learn and figure out something new. I will definitely keep you posted on what I find!!

"Adventures of Henry"

http://smu.gs/QOlhWY
Coach529 is offline   Reply With Quote