View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #392
whiteheadcycle

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
I have spent the last few day fine tuning and confirming my rear dimensions. Nate at PB has been great to send me all sorts of cad drawings to make sure that I was spot on with my measurements. Keep in mind that this is first Suburban frame, so we need to make sure that there are no major differences. SO far so good.

I'm getting ready to drill the remaining holes for the rear notch and add the other support pieces. Then I will turn my attention to the factory support center section to get the rest of the rivits cut out in order to install the PB center support.

I plan to get out in the garage this weekend.

Marc
Is there any way you could send me those cad drawings? I recieved my dropmembers this week and might have a fitment issue with my front rails (mine's a 54). I emailed Nate and we were suppose to talk Thursday night, but he had a family thing come up. I change my plans this weekend so I could work on this frame. Also was your frame flat were the front rails bolted on? My 54 has a triangular stamping in the frame right were the first two bolt holes are (closest to the front cab mount). I'm thinking I will have to modify the new front framerails a little?
whiteheadcycle is offline   Reply With Quote