View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 10:50 PM   #394
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteheadcycle View Post
Is there any way you could send me those cad drawings? I recieved my dropmembers this week and might have a fitment issue with my front rails (mine's a 54). I emailed Nate and we were suppose to talk Thursday night, but he had a family thing come up. I change my plans this weekend so I could work on this frame. Also was your frame flat were the front rails bolted on? My 54 has a triangular stamping in the frame right were the first two bolt holes are (closest to the front cab mount). I'm thinking I will have to modify the new front framerails a little?
The CAD drawings won't help because they were for after you get your front rails mounted. It was for locating the rear notch. Not sure if a 54 is different. I would wait until you talk to Nate. It is pretty straightforward with the front to locate the cut line and location for the rails but Nate will know for sure.

Mine was pretty much assembled. Nate was doing me a favor and this was the first set out the door so they left it partially assembled after mocking up on a frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
Soo...this may be getting a bit to personal but what did you pay for that Camaro? I was thinking in the future doing something similar. Most LS1 drop outs on eBay go anywhere from $2500-3500, then throw in shipping, a trans, wiring harness, there's another $1,500ish.

Buying a car that you know runs and drives, pull what you want, then part the rest is starting to sound like a better way to go.

Enjoying watching your build by the way, great work!
Yes, those were my thoughts plus Craigslist can get sketchy when buying motors. They ALL seem to be perfect low mileage motors (only until you try to get them running that is..ha ha)

PM sent on the cost.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote