View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #61
D13

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

As noted before, there are several shifters for GM. My 2wd and 4wd shifters are different, the 4wd appears to be heavier built and positioned slightly to the left when compared to the 2wd one, not sure if it's 4wd or a model year thing as it is earlier (mech bell while the 2wd is hydro belll).
Yes, the shifter itself can be rebuilt with Hurst parts or reconditioned by Hurst. No, the linkage can't be bought (remeber my earlier comment about getting the shifter? Turns out you need the shifter and all its rods as a package). The rods do not appear to directly interchange between the variations of shifters (look at the offsets). No, the early Chrysler parts do not work as is. I have heard that the Dodge truck shifter wil work although not in the exact same location, and again needs the rods to match the shifter. I have also heard that the early Chrysler shifter, possibly still available from Hurst, can be modded to work.

I see you are looking for one of the rods. Can you detail exactly which of the shfters you have? Althouugh i doubt you can get a rod by itself, some clever person might be able to send you the pattern for the rod and/or make one for you.
Plus a mess o' tractors
D13 is offline   Reply With Quote