View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #443
First c10

Re: Project 68 k10 LWB..aka "The Hulk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan71 View Post
Same thing happened to the passenger side of my cab. The top rubs the pillar with a huge gap at the rear. Previous owner did a rocker repair and I suspect the rear of the cab sagged when he cut it out. I believe the same thing has happened here. Cut loose the rear of the rocker and also where the cab meets the floor. The front of the cab will have to be pulled forward while the aft is picked up. Not sure if this makes sense but it should close up that rear gap and give some room in the front. Then the door will need readjusted. I haven't repaired mine yet but I think I'm gonna use a porta power in conjunction with cargo straps ,pushing and pulling. I hope some of this made sense
Good morning and thank you for the comment.
Yes I understand as I was thinking the same thing. (Great minds think alike and there are a lot of those around here.) That was one reason I hung the door and started aligning before welding anything. I was able to move the back of the cab, rocker, and door around. I did align everything yesterday and get it welded in. The gaps are a lot better. I am going to open up the hinge holes to allow the door to go back towards the latch this will also help out with the top of my cab and window frame.

Now that I am about down with the cab corners and doors. Now on to the filling holes on the firewall and cut the low hump out and install the high hump. Once this is done I am going to put the cab on the frame and see if everything clears before I send the body off to get it body worked.
Attached Images

1970 C10 Yellow/White Deluxe LWB w/ 5.3L-LC9/6L80E
1968 K10 LWB Dark green my son calls it "THE HULK Jr"HULK JR *SOLD*
GO GO!!!
First c10 is offline   Reply With Quote