View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #7
Fla Grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
I have this same carb on my 1977 toyota pickup, also had the same issue. Make sure that your gaskets to the adaptor plate, carb, and manifold have no air leaks. This is a huge issue with these Weber carbs, anyone who knows them will say the same. Sometimes the adaptor plates aren't entirely flat and need to be planed.

Also, if you have an electronic choke, make sure that it is connected and adjusted properly. Make sure you have the correct sized jets as well, mine were too big for the little 20r engine it was on.

Finally, if nothing else works, take it to a technician who specializes in adjusting these carbs. After doing all of the above, I took mine in and had a Weber gooroo in my area fine tune it. For me, it was well worth paying someone to do it right. Call around your area to find someone reputable. Toyota and Volkswagon people are very familiar with Webers.
This makes sense. I replaced the exhaust manifold not long ago and reused the gasket. I looked a little boogered up but I used it anyway. I will got a new gasket and start from there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Fla Grown is offline   Reply With Quote