View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #28
[JP]

Re: 1965 C10 Stepside working on her **England**

Been busy today.... and got good news yesterday, my NOVA letter (legal doc required to register the truck) got here! not bad.. only 2,5 weeks after landing! considering there was christmas and new year in between, i think that's pretty awesome!

so.. jobs of the day..
First was to be sure the wire I was thinking that does the blinking was the right one (as intend to connect the orange turn signals)
So far that I found an old motorbike turn signal in the garage and hooked it up.. sure enough when I turned the stalk...it was flashing bright orange. one job sorted.

Just need to figure what turn signals I have so I can get the same as they are all corroded.
but meanwhile I'll be driving with the brake lights being turn signals as well

Then was time to sort the wiper motor coming off the bulkhead.
So, got the motor out.. and now thinking of how to fix it. To be honest, I can't be bothered to weld a patch on there, first because its really confined space to cut and weld and second because it will take me a considerable amount of time, so I'll leave it to sort it properly in the summer when its nice and warm and I can work outside without freezing my nuts off.

So for now I'll drill 4 holes on the bracket, 4 on the bulkhead and bolt it together. I've checked and the bolts I have will have clearance to then mount the motor back on the bracket..

Also, very chuffed with finding out the interior light works! I dont know how half the switches work and this twist to turn thing is new to me!
So I started taking the interior light apart to make sure there was wires there then playing around with the wires behind the switch i turned it.... and there was light!!!

what other knobs work by twisting?
my headlights knob I can pull, and that's how I turn headlights on....and today found if i twist to the left it turns interior light on.... is it supposed to do anything else?
twist to the right and might turn main beam on?

and talking about main beam... this is what I have, the previous owner done this for some reason.. anyone have any idea why? I'm scared of plugging it to the floor switch in case the truck goes up in flames! hahahaha

spent the rest of the day tracing wires.. loom looks original but there's some wires dangling that I dont know what they are for... might start a different thread with that.
[JP] is offline   Reply With Quote