View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #32
[JP]

Re: 1965 C10 Stepside working on her **England**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Logic tells me the jumper wire points to a bad dimmer switch… jumper was put in place to allow the headlights to work…

Did you ever find the dipstick???
yes I kind of figured there could have been something with the switch so I put one in the order with LMC as it was a cheap part...

and yes did find the dipstick in the end ahaha! tucked away on the right hand side of the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
JP, not sure if you worked it out but the thing attached to the wiper motor is the washer pump. If youa re having issues with the motor being slow and not parking properly try taking it off of the wiper. I had a similar issue with mine and it ended up being the pump full of dust making the wiper motor very sluggish and stopping short of the parking spot.

Took it off and...Ta da! all works as intended. I have a new original washer pump if you are in need.

P.
Hi, well the reason why i took the wiper motor out was because it was parking halfway on the windscreen, but wipers were going down when turning it on.
When taking it out then found it had rusted out.

I worked out I have a 2 speed motor with a washer pump on it, but havent figured out yet what hoses go were, but I intend it to test it tomorrow with some wires connected directed to the battery and hoses into a plastic bottle or something, to see what sucks water and what spits out...
If my washer pump is broken I'll definitely take you on that Paul, another thing I would like to get is the original switch and knob... but its something like 80 quid out of LMC.. found one on ebay for 20 quid, so might get that one and get a mate to bring it over from the US in 5 weeks time.

what I have at the moment is just a flick switch...

tomorrow is a big day, will be on the truck the whole day as there's no rain forecast, would like to fix the wiper motor bracket, and start running the wiring for the front indicators, etc..