Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #1839
Bowtiguy

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Nice fix. The 'forward' arm position honestly isn't something we tested with that sway bar. The Spohn parts are top notch. Thanks for the info, looks like a really nice working truck.
I figured that, I'm sure the sway bar / power rack combo would have been perfect with a stock layout. In hind sight, I should have tested it lock to lock while the power steering pump was powered up before driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
We really like these bumps. on some builds we fab our own mount bracket, to replace the OE bracket, that moves the bump up about 5/8". This is just enough so that when the axle fully compresses the bump, it's 1/8" from the chassis.
I was thinking about doing the same thing. I figured I would get the "wood bed" ( I'm using decking material) done first, get a full load on it and see how the bump stops work in that position, but I have a feeling the brackets will need to be moved up as you suggested. I'm happy with the 3/5 drop and 20's. trying to avoid a C notch at all costs.

I have nothing "old" to compare it to as I never drove the truck before the mods. But, with the help of this thread, NLE parts and my limited knowledge of chassis set-up from my road racing days...its pretty dam fun to drive with the TR6060!
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote