View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #471
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
No such thing as a dumb question when it comes to wire harness, they're confusing as all get out

The relay kits (say you bought the SPAL FRH one, like this one) are set up to run power direct from the battery to the fan. There will be just one wire (the relay coil ground wire) which gets connected to your engine harness, via the pin 42 shown in the PCM pinouts.
You're going to have to add a pin to that position on the connector - but lucky you, you have a some extras you can remove from the connector for other functions you don't need, so you can just use one of those and solder to your relay ground lead

I may possibly have one of those PCM connectors in my pile of extra parts laying at the house, if I do I can snap a few photos of what I'm talking about.
Thanks JJ. That kit is what I was told I would need with the Spal fan. I will look for the PCM pinouts in the meantime. Don't laugh but the PCM gets an input from a temp sensor somewhere on the block which in turn sends a signal to the fan relay to turn the fans on?

Thanks again. Haven't yet got to where I need to rework my harness.

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote