View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #472
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
If you want the PCM to control your fans, it must have a "tune" in it that has the fan files. Truck tunes did not have a “fan” setup until like 06 (I think). I’m assuming you have the “Drive by Wire” setup (PCM has the BLUE/GREEN connectors since you said the motor was an 04 truck. I usually program the PCM using a 2000 or 2001 Corvette “tune”. This tune has the “Drive by Wire” and electric fans in it. If using a “Drive by Cable” setup (RED/BLUE PCM connectors), use a 2000 or 2001 Camaro tune.

Once you have a tune that has electric fans, all you have to do is hook the ground wire from the relay to the proper wire into the PCM. When the temperature switch that feeds the PCM sends the right signal, the PCM will ground the fan relay wire and the fans come on. Hope this helps.
Thanks ricott! Helps a lot! I don't know if I want or should or shouldn't run the fans from the PCM. Up for what ever works. Pretty sure my 2006 engine had a mechanical fan. The harness and PCM is from an 04 and is DBW. Would you be able to supply a tuned PCM for my setup? Maybe jumping the gun but thought maybe I should ask.

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote