View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #10
j_cst_10

Re: 72 C20 Cummins/5spd swap build thread

For the clutch actuation I chose to go with the factory hydraulic set up found on 89-83 Dodge diesel trucks.

I measured the factory pedal throw and welded a tab to the 67-72 manual pedal set I had for this project. The red bracket is the factory bracket off of an 89-83 Dodge truck that the clutch master twists and locks into from the engine side of the firewall.

For mock up purposes I made an adjustable link to get the right length for the rod that I had to make. The rod/link that comes with the clutch master wont work as it is too short.

Notice how even the bracket appears to line up with the pedal assembly. I definitely lucked out that the pedal geometry was able to be adapted to this particular hydraulic clutch set up. All of the parts used will be factory Dodge or Chevy parts.

Next it was time to cut a hole in the firewall. Using a 2 3/8" hole saw I cut a clearance hole for the clutch master to go through.

And here is a picture looking through the hole with the pedal assembly installed. I will get a picture with the clutch master and power booster installed so you can see how it fits up.

j_cst_10 is offline   Reply With Quote