View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
peeblesj

LearnAsIGo-69 LWB 5.3-Updating a Classic

Hello All, been on this awesome site just about daily for the past year or so. Figured I would start my build thread so others could possibly find something to help them since I myself have found so much great information on here.

So to start, three years ago my father bought a 1969 C10 at the Iola Old Car show in Iola, WI. Long story short, the project ended up sitting around while we collected parts/part trucks for over a year. I eventually ended up buying the truck from him in March or April of 2015. This is my first classic vehicle. My father has/had many different old cars when I was growing up so it is only natural that I ended up with a project as well.

The truck is a 1969 C10 long bed. When I bought it, it had a 350 with the original 4 speed on the floor with the 3.08 open rear end. It was an original 350 truck, but after some research, I found that the motor was replaced at one point. Other than that, it was pretty much original. Original colors were the light blue with white roof. The farmer that had it before us decided to "repaint" it with what looks to be house paint and a paint brush. Here are a few pictures of what it looked like the day I bought it.

I will try to upload more pictures later today and keep up with the tread as much as possible.

Also, as the title says, this is my first project and I am learning as I go. Please feel free to correct me if something doesn't look/sound right and I am very open to suggestions. Thanks for looking!!
Attached Images

peeblesj is offline   Reply With Quote