View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #64
[JP]

Re: 1965 C10 Stepside working on her **England**

Well... another update.
Spent about 5h on the wiring today.... gezzz I've never seen so many crimped wires everywhere!

Anyway, started by taking the old regulator out etc..
then decided to make a bracket for the new relays to use the same holes the old regulator used... but now not sure if its too close to the engine?
I'm putting that plastic conduit all around the wires, but not sure if its too close? I can still change its location, as there's some slack on the cables and I havent done the other end of the wires (coil, alternator, etc connections)

anyway... was time to sort this mess!! wires everywhere, today even found the wire from the firewall to the battery was made of 3 wires..another one like this! and was routed over the engine, so I replaced it with one single wire, going along the firewall, under the heater box and over the right wheel arch.

so.. got all my wires, relays, fuses together and got to work

made a bracket for the relays and started wiring things in

then fitted it in place.. what do you guys thing? too close to engine?
bear in mind I'm still going to tidy up the wires a bit more and put the plastic ducting around.

the wires with the white zip tie are the 'entrance' to the engine...
this is where the wires to the coil, alternator and fuel pump are going to 'enter' the engine area

you can also see here on this photo that the wiring for the fans is now simplified and tidy inside conduit

More tomorrow!