View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
BLUIDVL

Re: The $200 70' GMC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbill72 View Post
Nice score. That may just be the deal of the century.
Thanks dozerbill72... That was $200 Canadian, if I do the conversion with our weak dollar, it would of worked out to $143.76 USD....haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBullet View Post
Tow hooks even!!
I know so many little goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Man for $200 you scored!
Your telling me swamp rat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
I am so jealous,happy for you,ha ha, what a steal on both rigs!!!! the gmc is so clean, and the donor truck was the perfect truck! sm465/205 tcase, big blue hubs,and tow hooks,I think you hit the jackpot!!! and it runs! can't wait to see it finished, I love K20's, especially '67-'72.I guess it was a blessing that you didn't end up with the '74-'80 that you originally wanted,I have both, but really prefer and love my '72 K20
Thanks El Dorado Jim....don't be jealous..turns out the GMC is a one owner. Which is why I think it is in such nice shape. Definitely made out for the better. The Squarebody K25 was 15x the price... with the GMC, donor truck & wheels tires not even close to that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbill72 View Post
Are you sure you want to tear the GMC apart? I really like what your plans are with the two, but dang that thing is nice. It cleaned up great.
Dozerbill72, Only thing that I am doing on the GMC is cutting out the hump in the floor for the 4wd. Not going to touch a thing except fix the upper chrome strip on the pas. box side.

The frame off the donor will get stripped down, sandblasted, epoxied prime & painted. Will replace the body mounts, brake & fuel lines.

One thing I forgot to add was the GMC came with BNIB front & rear chrome bumpers from LMC. Found a receipt in the box for the front bumper for $189....so i figure I bought the front bumper and got a truck & rear bumper for free......
BLUIDVL is offline   Reply With Quote