View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 02:26 AM   #1
Spry69

Drop spindles and increased track width..

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2806
Size:  60.8 KB

I have a 64 GMC 1000 that I purchased this summer. The previous owner converted the front to disc with 2.5" McGaughys drop spindles. He told me that this conversion added what seemed like " a few" inches to the track width.

This week I finally received my Mob Steel steelies and mounted them up. I also changed out the front springs to a CPP 3" drop spring. This achieved tucking the rubber into the fender well, but with the backspacing I ordered there is rubbing during turning/compression.

I'm trying to see if anyone knows if there are other drop spindles that maintain the stock track width or even narrow it a bit. I want to end up with a Porterbuilt stage 2 set up which can be customized to fit my track width, but for now, while I'm broke, I'm trying to find the best way to solve this issue.

I see my options as of now are:
-Put the 1" drop spring back in that didn't cause any issue, but the stance is t right
Or
-Find a set of spindles that can narrow the track width (best option if it is available)
And/or
-Roll the fender lip tight to see if it gets me enough room (don't think it will though)
Or
-Find $2000 to buy the PB Fab stage 2 front set up (wife will shoot me)

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time in advance.