View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
NVS-C10

Re: Drop spindles and increased track width..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spry69 View Post
Attachment 1499002

I have a 64 GMC 1000 that I purchased this summer. The previous owner converted the front to disc with 2.5" McGaughys drop spindles. He told me that this conversion added what seemed like " a few" inches to the track width.

This week I finally received my Mob Steel steelies and mounted them up. I also changed out the front springs to a CPP 3" drop spring. This achieved tucking the rubber into the fender well, but with the backspacing I ordered there is rubbing during turning/compression.

I'm trying to see if anyone knows if there are other drop spindles that maintain the stock track width or even narrow it a bit. I want to end up with a Porterbuilt stage 2 set up which can be customized to fit my track width, but for now, while I'm broke, I'm trying to find the best way to solve this issue.

I see my options as of now are:
-Put the 1" drop spring back in that didn't cause any issue, but the stance is t right
Or
-Find a set of spindles that can narrow the track width (best option if it is available)
And/or
-Roll the fender lip tight to see if it gets me enough room (don't think it will though)
Or
-Find $2000 to buy the PB Fab stage 2 front set up (wife will shoot me)

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time in advance.
If I'm not mistaken, the CPP modular drop spindles do not affect track width.
NVS-C10 is offline   Reply With Quote