View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #60
88Ironduke

Re: Prototype center speaker holder

I wanted to post up a couple of pictures I took this weekend installing my speaker holder assembly I got from Fred's Truck Parts. Here is what is in the box. Before I go into detail here is my disclaimer. I am not an audio guru, I understand the mechanics of audio systems, wiring and such but what sounds good to me may not be what is supposed to be correct.

The 3M windows weld is good stuff, the tube is not expired and has lots of shelf life left. I emailed Kyle, he recommended to ensure everything on the bottom of the dash be clean and grease free and scuff both the dash and plastic holder with some sand paper. I used a little 150 grit on both to give a cross hatch pattern and that was done. I used Acetone to wipe down the dash board where the adhesive would go and glass cleaner on the plastic bracket. I mounted the Kenwood 4" speakers and did attempted to do a test fit. Sounds good in theory but the magnets get hung up on everything metal. So they came off and I test fit bracket, eyeballed up center on dash grill and called it good. I applied the goo to bracket noting that my dash board is slightly concave and not true flat on the bottom so a little extra to account for the gaps is required.

Next page...

My Build Thread: Project 72' Green
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587932
88Ironduke is offline   Reply With Quote