View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #143
Johnny_Lamebridge

Re: My '63 C10 "I'd rather be driving" Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Congratulations on losing a daughter, but hopefully gaining a man to speak to..... Am sure that like most men, you need that. Sometimes.

I love that stand on polisher.
Thanks Rian, and you're absolutely right. And better yet, my new son-in-law has some interest in cars and motorcycles. He bought a mid 70's Fiat 124 Spider to work on with his dad. It hasn't gone very smoothly... he's had lots of electrical problems, and broken bottom end parts after failing to properly time the auxiliary shaft that runs the fuel pump. After repairing the engine, the car is still notoriously unreliable.
I like to poke fun... here's an exerp from my speech at their wedding:
"If you’re in the area next summer, keep an eye out for a little red Fiat Spider. It’ll likely be at the side of the road with the hazard lights on, waiting for a tow truck. I'm sorry Eric, I’m exaggerating... the hazard lights probably don’t work either." It got a few laughs.

I made a couple of those rolling pedestals. They're very handy. The bottom plate and the top is made from stainless. We had a bunch of surplus 1/4" 304 stainless plate at my work that they decided to scrap. I hid as much as I could for future projects, like the ps pump bracket I just made.

@johnny_lamebridge on Instagram
Johnny_Lamebridge is offline   Reply With Quote