View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 01:50 AM   #248
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hey everybody, just a handful of new pictures to share today. Marvin has been moved back to the mechanical shop and is getting the royal treatment on all the details that will make him "go," but you probably won't be able to see when its all said and done. Getting closer and closer to the goal of being mechanically complete by mid-April!

I think the paint keeps looking better and better every time I see it!

Doors aren't polished yet, but the hood is all done. Hanging on the wall until needed. This is a good reminder of why I love these AD trucks - the big curved lines just look so good!

New driveshaft is in, and the entirety of the exhaust has been installed. Like the headers, the Jet-Hot coating looks good all the way to the exhaust tips! Won't really get to see much of it except for the exhaust tips most of the time, but I'm told this coating is really durable and long lasting, so that's just fine with me.

A little further back, the fuel tank has been painted and mounted, and the fuel lines have been bent and installed. Also can see some wiring for the tail-lights and fuel pump waiting to be used. We ran this wiring through the frame rail to get to the back of the truck.

And speaking of wiring, that's really the majority of what's going on right now. Wiring, wiring, wiring, wiring, wiring. Did I mention wiring? It is incredible the amount of thought and detail that the shop is putting in here - the harnesses are all being built from scratch exactly to length. Such an important part of the final result, but in the end, you won't really get to see any of this. I guess some of it will show whenever I have a need to tilt the seat up so get to all the electronics underneath. Kinda crazy how much wiring there really is. Looks kinda wild right now, but in a week, it should be all buttoned up!

And just because I can't help it, a couple more pictures of the engine. Looking so nice and ready to run! Maybe next update I'll be able to post a video of the idle.

Might be a little while until the next update, but might have some carpet and upholstery to show for it. Can't wait!