View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
bigsky

Re: 72 C10 4X4 LWB, Put Back Together

Only got to spend about 2 hrs on truck today, hate it when work interferes with a project

Got grill, trim, side markers, and battery box removed. Battery box is toast, any ideas on where to get a new one???

First 2 pics are of rust at the front of the fender liners. Is it easier to replace fender liners, or weld in a new patch, looks like rust is over a mounting brace, and might be hard/time consuming to repair. Again, looking for a preferred vendor, to check prices.

Pic 3-4 Are fenders, sanded with #80 Truck has been resprayed once. The primer over the original paint is not sticking properly. So sanded down to bare metal/factory primer. Previous painter had even sprayed some of the top coat over bare metal, no primer at all. It just flaked off, when hit with the #80

Pic 5 Hood, guessing it is an OEM hood, but previous painter had it down to bare metal, you can see where the paint/primer is peeling off in big chunks. Any guesses as to why??

When priming the bare metal should I use an etching primer? On my other car I used Omni epoxy primer 170, is an etching primer needed. Still trying to learn.

Will hopefully get fender liners removed, and better pics tomorrow.
Attached Images

bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote