View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #137
tjsblazer

Re: tjs 72 Blazer Build

This is going to be a long post.

Colour choice (color for my American friends ;-) on this truck has been a great debate in my home.

I have always had mid-year Vettes previous; hence my avatar picture but I have 3 kids aged 13 and down and it is a royal PITA going to any cruise night or car show or auto event. It could never really be a family affair with only 2 seats and no storage. That is what led me to the Blazer in the first place. 5 seating positions and where I live in Canada they are actually pretty rare. I think most of them rusted to dust years ago.

When I first got this truck, the Ochre paint was the one thing I couldn't stand. It reminded me of changing one of my 3 kids diapers when they were younger.

From the onset I wanted to paint it similar to "Copperhead" and run factory Rally wheels. As I started to do the restoration that changed. My vettes were always nut and bolt, numbers correct. I think that fueled a need to keep it close to what the General intended from the factory but I wanted to add some small updates along the way. Therefore, I wanted it to look factory from 20 ft. Along that theme I was back to factory white steelies and dog dish hubcaps for wheels and needed a factory or at least period correct paint colour.

Since this was always about making a family fun vehicle, early on I agreed the kids could pick the paint colour or at least have a lot of input.

My painter painted me another 4 large samples of factory paint colours. Ochre was actually one of the samples. It had grown on me over the years and it certainly looks a lot better fresh and in a 2 stage with some more depth. I got these samples about a year ago and so began the 12 months of weekly family debates.

In the end, my 3 kids were unanimous in what they wanted so we went with their choice ...

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote