View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #45
jeffahart

Re: A quick look at the Hickey worm gear winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
ok, all up and in there.

Jeff, not until I was looking at mine today did it hit me that you asked about me having a skid plate... yes I do, not installed yet but there is a side view shot of it in my other post mentioned above. If you need measurements let me know.

I'm back to my main computer so will be having a look through my other photos. I think I may have bearing/seal qty & part #'s too if needed.
That pic that's in the "other post" shows the front bracket mounted under the bumper. Was that pic from one of your trucks or one of someone else's. I had seen that picture before when I was trying to verify mounting position, and I could not figure the under bumper mount. At least that what it looks like.

The front of your truck looks clean with the fairlead on the bumper.

I got the bearings in the mail yesterday. So, it looks like, so far, all I need is seals, gaskets, and bearings. The bushings looked real good. So, as I clean the parts I can make a decision on the motor and motor gear.

Also, my old wire rope looks great. I pulled the whole line, no kinks or fraying. So I may keep it for a while and hunt for some synthetic later on.