View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 02:14 AM   #20
bigsky

Re: 72 C10 4X4 LWB, Put Back Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Oh, you have in your picture inner rockers that tie into the floor, you will not be able to install them properly until you cut and remove the lower portion of the A pillar, then usually the lower portion of the inner kick panel is also replaced, have you looked at the condition of the front support yet?

You really need to read Rocker replacement 101 to see what is all involved in doing this, there is a link in the thread below, post 6 i think.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...01#post7498530

Your more than welcome to comb thru the last 4 or so pages of my build thread, i'm just finishing up with partial floor, inner/outer rocker, inner kick panel and lower A pillar and front cab support..
Just read thru rocker repair 101, can see I will have to spend more time inspecting/planning before I go any farther. Rear cab corners have been replaced a one time. Looks to be done right. The front support seems to be in good shape, but will inspect closer, now that I have done some reading, and feel more informed on what/where to look. I am hoping I can get by cutting the floor extension patches, and not getting into the lower A pillar/cab support. Will get better pics of that area tomorrow, time permitting.
bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote