View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 AM   #380
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Well got the second stage put back in the leaf spring assemblies and back on the truck still have to bolt them in place seems I am missing a few of the thickened grade 8 washers from them so a nice trip to ace hardware tomorrow it seems. Also been working on the harness yet again for the engine and transmission. I had a major miscalculation when putting the harness together on the engine I forgot to make the fuel rails were in place so all the work I did went right out the window :/ oh well lesson learned lol :P Luckily I was doing my usual ebay perusal and stumbled across a shop in dallas that managed to buy up a bunch of new in box e38 computer harness assemblies from the 14 model vans. Picked one up for 175$ and am using it for the rework of the rework has almost all the proper connections for the 8.1 engine plus the trans harness wiring will crossover to a slight degree. I have to add about 10 wires into the harness to get it to the Allison setup. noticeable difference between the 06 harness flexibility and the new e38 one the 06 harness was pretty crispy..... but I have them almost all completed and ready for when I get my intake back from a friend. I sent the intake off for the modification of the air intake path so will get better breathing out of it should have it back next month along with the Allison. Once that all comes together I can drop this thing in the frame and get the engine trans harness layed out properly this time and start working on a set of exhaust manifolds for the engine that will clear the frame rails. May have to do the mod I have seen Captnfab mention in several threads from my research on here.

Here are some pictures ENJOY!!!!
Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote