View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #530
kchampagne

Re: Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstudent View Post
Sweet! I'm curious about that V-6 - good runner? What are your plans in terms of restoration/modifications?
Hey there! I am diggin your 4x4 Burb also! I plan a full restoration, not show quality, but driver quality. Going to try to keep it original as possible. I am working on the 305 V6 right now. The engine was rebuilt approx. 10,000 miles ago, but it sat for 20 years and when they got it running, I think they ran it for a while on bad gas in the tank. Needless to say it jacked things up. Some valves stuck and pushrods bent. I got another running engine and I am working on swapping it out. Since the other engine was rebuilt and bored out, I will try to fix the internals, and hopefully have a good backup engine. I should probably start a build thread on this site, but haven't gotten around to it yet. If you are interested, here is my build thread on the 6066 GMC forum. http://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49268

BTW, I love MT. My family has vacation properties up near Whitefish. Love it!! We get up there a lot! Probably move up there in a few years.
kchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote