View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #78
XwalkerX

Re: regretted selling my '70 so i bought this '72

finally got the truck a proper tune this afternoon from Justin at Blackbear Performance.

right off the bat he noticed that the MAF was reading high causing the engine to run rich!!!! so he fixed that, dialed in the shifts, raised the idle a bit in anticipation for a cam swap, set up an aggressive shift mode in the tow/haul setting that i can run a momentary switch on pin 56 to activate.

after about 40 min of driving around and tweaking he he dialed it in and i was on my way. totally satisfied customer. i can already feel the difference in throttle response and the good ole butt dyno.

while he was working his magic we got to talking and i told him my current plans of a TSP 224r cam swap because i didnt want to deal with building the trans to run boost...turns out he has run 11psi through a 60e in his wifes tahoe for like 25k miles and all it has is a vette servo and his previous silverado had a blower running about the same psi through a 60e and it only had a shift kit...

so basically got my wheels turning again...

oh and all my cruise control stuff showed up today so hopefully i can set that up this coming week.
XwalkerX is offline   Reply With Quote