View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #1937
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
looks to have been a rough week buddy. but you're home now, got a box full of goodies and a wife that has a sense of humor... life is good.
the cookie does resemble you a bit, i'd bite that head off and go out to the garage ASAP...
Cookie eaten as commanded....

Garage visit completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrown50 View Post
Take the ginger bread man back to the store, it's defective........ Where are the "trade mark" sandals
Sandals under the packaging.

This winter I wore much more shoes and safety boots than ever before......

Another weekend over.......

No truck time in the garage at home, but some truck stuff nonetheless.

Drove over to mate Martins this morning at 07.30 and dropped my car at his place. We then headed out to Arena Essex for the NSRA Swapmeet.

Got there nice and early, met up with Andy "Über Cool" and some of his mates in the car park to make Martin a happy chappy......

This long propshaft came from Del's truck where Martin got a cab, doors etc from last year, it went up north to Andy, and now back this way again. Martin also got lucky to buy a new heater matrix core for his truck.

My scores for the day included some stuff I have no use for but wanted and some stuff I needed for the rebuild.

Let's see if you can figure which they were......

Once calculated, based on what I paid for the mostly unused parts, and what they cost at stalls for new, it seems I was still ahead £10.00 and got the parts "free"
This is a good reason to go to Swapmeets.

Meeting up with a load of friends from various forums today made it even better.

My Best Buy for the day was this small quick release Gas filler cap for £10.00 and it is something I both wanted and needed for the rebuild.

My plans to relocate the filler neck from where it is currently in the side of the load bed.

Plan is to move the filler neck of my relocated fuel tank to the rear corner, just inside the tailgate, but below the level of the load bed as I do plan to fit a tonneau cover again once the truck is done.
This filler cap and its mount are really narrow, so will take little space.

Solid metal vs chrome plated plate.....?
You can see the difference. Taiwanese chrome and rust vs the solid metal item.

Also bought an oval solid ally air filter with similar look to my existing valve covers for a sensible price.

I will paint the sections between the ribs red and then polish the ribs back to original.

Next to the original air filter and valve covers.

The old school hooter is for an acoustic speaker like the one I showed on here last week.

The petrol pump nozzle........ Remember this build?

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...ca-retro-build

Watch this space.

Also bought a new replacement thermostat housing and three tubes of grease. Fresh grease is good.

So a great weekend all told.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote