Thread: My 52 GMC Build
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #713
lower50's

Re: My 52 GMC Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge View Post
Looking good... almost ready to drive!

FYI... if you need any parts, there's a GMC at the Montana's in Cambridge.
Thanks John
Quote:
Originally Posted by II_Slow View Post
It looks like the V8 diesels fit a lot better without setting them back too far. My 12-V (striaght 6) sits WAY back. I'm in the process of wiring mine now so I feel your pain there. I put my PCM on the firewall like it was in the donor truck so I can keep the harness intact for the most part. Will have a lot of unused stuff like A/C and Alternator wiring, and won't use the Igintion or Instrument Cluster connections. I also have an 18-circuit harness going under the dash. Trying to get my cab in primer and LizardSkin in the next couple of weeks before committing fully to the wiring.
It's crazy how much smaller the older "full size" trucks are then even a mid-sized truck today. I'm having a hard time finding space for everything.
Very cool build though. Looking like something you will really enjoy, and that's what's important. I have a racecar that seldom leaves the shop or trailer, so going into my build the plan was to put something together I could driver anywhere, anytime.
Thanks II_slow. Minimize to only what you need but make it easy access and you will be happy. For the Lizard skin. Mask any thing you don't want it on, it splatters. Also put tape on the back side of all the holes. Ya it's crazy that these full size trucks are smaller inside than an s10. Keep enjoying your build.
1967 Jeep CJ5 1.9L TDI 33X13.5X15 Mud Grapplers.
1952 GMC 9700 p/u 7.3L diesel on air, dually
lower50's is offline   Reply With Quote