Thread: 1969 Chevy C50
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #29
colgad

Re: 1969 Chevy C50

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida C50 View Post
Hey Cash,
Wow, I haven't posted on here in such a long time. Yes, I have done a lot to the truck over the last few months. I have the truck running and stopping great, I try to drive it around at least once a week just to keep every thing moving and working you know? It still looks pretty much the same except for a few things I've added on. I bought and installed a new battery tray under the hood, so no more bungee battery cords. LOL. I finally found the parking brake rubber boot that I have been looking for, for about a year. I had to pay$80.00 + shipping for a mint used one out of a 1971 C/50, but it's in and done. One last thing to worry about. The last thing I did was install a killer tow hitch, it turned out great. I bought a class 5 rated at 20,400 lbs. tow and 2,400 lbs. tongue. It needed a lot of fabrication modification to make it fit. I bolted on a pair of led back up light cubes to some existing holes in the rear bumper and ran a power wire and toggle switch in to the cab, they are super bright! I need to take some recent pics and post them. I don't have enough cash to start the paint and body work on it yet so I'm still in the rat rod phase of the build, but that's not the look I'm going for, I would love to have that awesome paint job with 5 or 6 coats of clear. I'll keep working overtime at work and putting away for it. I love driving it around and seeing how people react to what I've done so far.
--------------------------------------

Cool Plate!
Looking good.
1955 Red-Cream, Chevrolet Nomad, restoration on hold
2004 Black, Corvette Z06 LS6 convertible (Rock solid Fun) 2011/2018 Power Tour
colgad is offline   Reply With Quote