View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:28 AM   #239
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Something like that would do the trick but that particular one has too small of lines I think. I am going to pull the pressure relief valve out and see if I can do something to it to lower the pressure down to about 1500. I started working on the rear doors the other day. I took the deep tint windows out of an old parts suburban that I have so I can use them in the crew. Those things are kind of a pain in the ass to r&r and the glass channels and wipers are junk so now I gotta get some new ones before I can put them back together. I bought new door harnesses from a guy on here, gmachinz, and got it installed in one door. They are kind of a pain too. was able to get it stuffed through after removing the connectors on the one end. With the doors stripped out I stuck some dampner tiles on the inside of the outer door skin to kill some noise. I cant go any further with the doors now till I get the window stuff so I decided to work on the sound/heat insulation stuff on the floor boards. I needed to see how much more product I need to finish the job so I stuck everything in I had. First layer is the dampner tiles, followed by closed cell foam, which is supposed to isolate the metal from the mass loaded vinyl which is supposed to work really good to make it quiet inside, time will tell. Next I am putting a layer of foil faced insulation then the mass loaded vinyl goes over that followed by a thin layer of jute the the carpet. This sucker is going to be deathly silent inside! Kinda like that scene in Ace Ventura where he is at the hotel and is demonstrating how the soundproof glass works, haha!.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuhPPOXnyKo
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote