View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
HeloCrewChief

55 C4 Suspension/Nailhead Build

Well, this has to be one of the stranger builds on here. 1955 Second Series with full C4 suspension, Buick Nailhead, and 1953 Oldsmobile Dash grafted in. I traded a 94 Full Size Blazer that was my pride and joy for the last several years for it. I hated getting rid of the Blazer but, I was not driving it much and it felt like the time was right for a new project. The truck came to me in a million pieces. The chassis had been put together with a flat out engineering kit and spray painted black. The truck came with a rebuilt 425 Nailhead (you can see it in some pictures) but, I decided to sell it to free up some funds for the build. I figure the truck will not be on the road for a few years so, I rather build my own engine when the time comes. The truck is also set up for a 53 Oldsmobile Dash which I absolutely love as an alternative to the bel air dash swap. I purchased a spare dash recently for $75 off the HAMB and will use it for missing trim pieces/knobs/hardware etc. I already stripped the chassis and had everything powder coated, installed a CPP frame mount booster, pro thane polyurthane bushings, moog ball joints, and swapped the rear end out for an 84-87 model since they're 1 inch narrower. I have new slotted and drilled rotors that will be going on next. Plans are

-Gloss Black
-Red Interior
-401 Nailhead/Dual Quads/Red with lots of the shiny schtuff
-Wood Bed
-Boyd Fuel Tank
-IDIDIT column with shifter on the column
-Undecided on transmission
-Possibly converting the rack & pinion to manual
-Undecided on wheels but, would like to fit a larger diameter steelie wheel to maintain the traditional look. Possibly a 16x8 but, I'm not sure what I will be able to fit with the corvette suspension.
1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote