View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #275
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Kept to a small door panel, rather than a fully upholstered door. I think the top-stiching and the stainless strips set it off nicely, and I can't get over the color combo against the red paint! The search for the window cranks continues - I know I bought some repops at one point, just have to find them! And need to get the door handle flipped around - seems to be upside down in this pic, per my recollection.

Not the greatest photo - difficult area to take a picture of all at once - but here's the headliner. Uses the same colors and stainless strips as the door panel. I will get some better photos of this over the weekend.

And now once again Marvin has a comfy spot for my butt. I thought the interior guys did a great job of creating something that looks super sharp, but without getting too flashy. Still has some classic style elements to it. The lap belts can fold away completely behind the seat for display time at shows, if desired.

Interior complete, back to the body shop for the last of the final assembly. Let's get the bed back on there and make Marvin a true truck again.

The bed strip bolts still need to be tightened down, but it is so awesome to see the bed wood finally installed. Dad and I have both been dreaming of seeing this since over three years ago when we cut down that hickory tree on the farm where he grew up. I like that the boards have some character and definitely some history too! Also thrilled about the look of the painted bed strips!

When the pinstriper guy comes calling, the light at the end of the tunnel is definitely shining bright. The lettering color is a match to the wheels and the gauges and also to the darker of the two interior leather colors. Due to rough condition, we couldn't re-use Marvin's original tailgate, so it is currently hanging up in a place of honor in the tool shed on the family farm.

Look at that happy face - I think he's smiling!

Might be obvious, but I'm super excited for this weekend and can hardly focus on anything else. After the show, there will be a little list of some odds and ends that will still need to get finished up, but Marvin is mostly coming to the end of this crazy multi-year adventure. I'll make sure to post some great pictures from the show early next week. If anyone reading this is in Minnesota, feel free to stop by the Gopher State show at the State Fairgrounds this weekend and say hi!