View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
tjsblazer

Re: What size fuel filler hose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie528 View Post
Hey guys,

I just ordered a new tank for my '72 Blazer (standard 21 gallon Counter part tank Kit) that all the online parts guys sell. I'm replacing a leaking aftermarket 37 Gallon tank that was installed in my truck in 1977, so I assume it will not have factory hoses for me to try to match. Based on the above thread I know I will need 1 3/8" hose (what length) and also if you all could tell me what other hoses I should order to install this tank. Also, the description of the tank says "Does not come with the original Blazer filler neck. Spout may need modifications." what modifications are they talking about? Any advise to make my install go smooth will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yes 1.375" filler hose and 0.500" for the overflow hose. I am unsure of the exact lengths of each off hand. The fill hose is around 12" and the overflow is likely around double that.

As far as the Inlet spout on the tank this is an issue for everyone. The aftermarket tanks typically just come with about a 3" long pipe sticking straight out. The factory had a U shape bent pipe that fit around the Body mount. One solution people use is to swap the filler inlet from a factory tank that is rusted out to the new aftermarket tank. Others come up with something they fabricate whether with metal or rubber fuel hose.
Either way you need to find a way to get it around the body mount. If it is the typical aftermarket tank it will be an interference point.

If you search this same forum for fuel tank you will likely see some threads on the Tank inlet issues on aftermarket tanks.

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote