View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Are Air Bags the Cure All? Truck rides BAD

Bags are great, but I can tell you from experience that trucks can ride bad when bagged too....just a different bad.

If your truck feels like a logging cart, first thing to check is all the bushings/balljoints and any serviceable joint. Heavy ladder frames on garbage midwest roads can shake a car to bits, and if one or two starts to go, it sucks the life out of other joints in the system.

Then take a look at your coilover setup in front. Too stiff a shock or too heavy a spring rate will cause lots of "crash" over bumps. If your using Mustang stuff with car coilovers, make sure that your components can handle the corner weight of that vehicle, and that you aren't riding on the bumpstops or maxxing out the suspension.

Oh, and if your on steel wheels or big rims, the rotational weight will suffer from that "crash" over uneven surfaces.

My '66 had a few issues in the beginning like this, but a few changes and its extremely comfortable even for me (destroyed spine).

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote