View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
1000rrstunna

Re: 69 C10 SWB choppin block full build thread!

well I have been at it hard for the better part of three weeks now and this is where it is at currently.

I have decided going the Choppin Block route was a little more than I could handle fabrication wise on my first real frame off build. I went and met with a fellow member locally who has the the ride tech stage two coil over kit with the front sway bar.

the frame is completely stripped now and all I need to do is clearance for the front coilovers and do the c notch work after it comes back from the sandblaster.. then it will be going back to the blaster/coater for a two stage semigloss powdercoat.

the cab bed and fenders are stripped of all the moldings and are ready to hit the blaster as well. I have chosen a local shop that does nothing but body's and panels for automotive applications. I HAVENT PICKED A COLOR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED! LEANING TOWARDS A GREY OR MAYBE DARK BLUE...

I also ordered all new steering components, bed mount fabricated gas tank, all braided fuel ines from Russel, Vintage air hot rod heater gen 2, bought some early classic industries SBC headers, Small block engine stands, Dakota Digital VHX gauge set, Wilwood 4 piston discs all the way around and a Wilwood manual master cylinder.

Hoping to order the power steering gearbox and the brake lines/fittings this week so that I can assemble the frame quickly once it returns from the coater.

here are some pics so far!

these new gauges look great from dakota digital!

1000rrstunna is offline   Reply With Quote