View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
67chevysupercharged

Re: Remote Trans Cooler

Brew,
I think it was from your build thread that I think I got the idea for the derale fan cooler in the first place. I looked up the part # for the cooler you have and it is slightly bigger than the one I have.

Vin63,
The derale tech told me I should run the cooler I have with the radiator tank like you did because he said my cooler alone (the first link) would not be enough to cool a stalled 4l80e.

So what do y'all think, am I just paranoid about using the radiator tank for transmission cooling? Everything I've read on the subject is real back and forth on whether you should use just a standalone cooler, or whether you should use a cooler along with the radiator tank. Some folks say in a performance application it's best to just use a standalone cooler, due to risk of coolant getting in your transmission lines which is the main thing that has me worried about using the radiator & cooler for transmission cooling. I definitely appreciate y'all getting back to me so quickly. I jut need to figure out if I should keep the cooler I have now and use it with the radiator, or return it and get the other model the tech recommended for standalone use. Thank y'all again!

-Zak

67 SWB 6.0 LSX swap, 4/6 ECE Drop (Work in Progress)

2002 Victory Red ECSB Silverado 5.3 (DD)
67chevysupercharged is offline   Reply With Quote