View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #139
Advanced Design

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
I will indeed forward your comment about the grinding dust inside the tubes to the production department.

As far as dimensions of the adapters goes, I supplied you with those measurement as a courtesy as a fellow member here, but it's not something we will be doing overall since all of the new Hooker LS swap components are application-specific by design and not intended for use as universal fit components.

Providing measurements is troublesome as they can be misinterpreted by a user and cause poor fitment and brand impressions, or prompt calls to the tech service department asking for a similar pipe to be made for them that has an additional 2 degrees of bend in it or some more rotation between the bends...I think you can see what a can of worms it opens up. Universal parts usually have a high ratio of returns associated with them and just doesn't represent the direction of development for new Hooker products these days.

Guys like yourself giving first-hand use experience with using Hooker parts on custom applications is far more valuable to a potential user I believe.
Now that you mention it, can I have these just one inch shorter....I am jesting. Since practically everything I have touched on the last two builds requires extensive fabrication, I am thrilled to have parts that will work without hours of modification. So again, I appreciate the dimensions you provided me.

And at same time, I certainly understand how many people would misunderstand fitment dimensions, wanting custom modification for mass produced prices / capabilities. Then be upset with the company when they can't have it.

Thanks again for all your support.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote