Thread: my new 64 tonka
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
1955 mancave

my new 64 tonka

well I few months back I picked up this 64 panel, it may not be in the best shape but that's fine !
so when I got it I discovered that the PO cut the front clip off and replaced it with a clip off a Cadillac escalade, not sure about the welding job so I just decided to find another frame and build it up the way I want it, since this is going to be my driver I wanted to make it as nice as I could, so this is what I have done so far.
so I got the frame home and it's like so rusted so I spent a couple of days cleaning, then did the Por-15 thing , swaped out the front cross member to one out of a 82 truck, I have purchased upper and lower tubular control arms and 3 inch dropped spindles and of course all new steering , brakes etc, the plan is 4 wheel disk brakes, I have a nice 350 & 700R4 the 12 bolt that was in the frame turned out to be needing more work than I wanted to do and the fact that its the 17 spline axle .
so I will see if I can post some pictures so you guys can take a look at this project.
1955 mancave is offline   Reply With Quote