View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #265
Pariah

Re: Used Parts Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
No where near as cool as yours man. Those rivets really set the back half off.

How are you painting the inside of the frame? I would be concerned the inside would rust and run out leaving rust stains all over it. I have to paint/coat the inside of my frame where I body dropped it and my notch. Any tips?
Crazy as it sounds, my plan from the get go was not to treat anything and let all of the fab work rust up to sort of give it the same look or patina that all the sheet metal has and occasionally scuff it all back down till it all gets that darkened brownish orange look. Kinda like how a driveshaft looks after years of rust and oil/grease mixing together. Honestly, as long as it takes rust to cancer out metal at least around here in East Texas, I figure all the work I did will outlast me owning it and probably the next owner or whatever. I'm actually thinking about speeding the aging process after a while on the copper rivets to get them to start that blue/green look. As far as coating the insides of your frame or whatever, if it were me, I'd try to change the tip out of what ever primer/paint you wanted to use to a tip that could accept a spray nozzle or straw like spray lubricants use. And either find areas in the frame w holes or possibly drill some some small holes in the frame just small enough to get the nozzle in every 12-14" inches and blast the paint all around inside then afterward, spot weld the holes back up and touch the outside of the frame back up with whatever paint you're planning to use.
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote