View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #19
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: REAR shock suggestion?

Oh come on guys,, you know there is a easy solution to the wheelspin... just get rid of about 1/2 of the power!!!

LOL I went from 660HP and turning the tires a 1/2 - 3/4 turn on launch,, to a little street motor that is just going to totally dead hook and tear all sorts of crap up!!
I spent a year farting with the 4link and the Strange SPA-1 single adjustable coil-overs. I was getting close then changed to a set of Koni double adjustable aluminum body shocks, added 300+ HP, and took some gear out of it. A year later I had it doing 1.44 sixtys at 3640 pounds, with a n/a SBC through the mufflers and only enough power to trap at 115MPH.

My point of all this is... IF your not willing to spend the time and effort to get the suspension sorted out and setup RIGHT for your particular pile of parts,, no amount of $ spent on the shocks is going to do magic to the hook.

I can almost promise you Jimmy, Shaun, Kevin,, or any of the heavy hitters above didn't slap a set of shocks on and say .. "THERE! it should be quicker to the first cone now". It just don't happen that way! If anyone doesn't put a new shock on and LOOSE ET the first pass,, well then they were silly off on the setup with the last shock! OK maybe not 100% of the time, but you get my meaning.

Optimization of your setup takes work, effort, testing and $'s. There is just no way around it. At least none I've ever found.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote