View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 AM   #6
71jimmy

Lets try that again! Phew, made it that time. Anyway, this is under the dash, driver side, where the ebrake cable comes through the firewall and runs through the black clamp with bolt and nut and then attaches to the ebrake pedal via the clevis pin. The ebrake cable itsself has a housing, to protect the cable, I was thinking that the housing should be held in place by the black clamp, in the picture, when the bolt is tightened down. So that when you depress the ebrake pedal, it would pull just the cable and thereby setting your brakes in the rear. However, as soon as I step on the ebrake pedal to set the brakes, the housing comes along with the cable and doesn't set the brakes. Since the PO really messed up the brake system, I'm not sure if I'm missing a part that would hold the housing while the cable pulls tight. Maybe I just need a new clamp.
Attached Images

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."

Last edited by 71jimmy; 03-09-2004 at 01:30 AM.
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote