View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
davepl

Re: Any suggestions on a buffer/polisher

Yes, and I'm passionate about it.

The Meguiar's Microfibre Correction System (MFCS) has a goofy long name but is a spectacular product. Here's the basics:

The best way to polish out a car is with a rotary buffer. Unfortunately it's dangerous, as you can heat a spot really quickly and burn through paint, particular on edges and so on.

The safer way to polish out a car is with an orbital buffer. They won't burn like a rotary, but unfortunately, they don't do anywhere near as good a job.

The MFCS is an orbital that delivers the results of a rotary, but safely. I used it to polish out some shop scratches on a $250K restoration with black paint, and it did a superb job. No way I'd get near that car with a rotary, I'm just not skilled enough. That's something you need to be a pro at before you risk a paint job.

I have no interest in it other than I'm a happy owner of the buffer and products (I really think you need both). I even think the name is silly and usually buy 3M over Meguiars but they hit a home run with this one.

Here's the starter kit for the product, in 5". Buffer sold separately:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's DMCKIT5 DA Microfiber... Amazon.com: Meguiar's DMCKIT5 DA Microfiber...
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote