View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
Zorro1958

Re: Hello from Taylorsville KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post
Zorro, a bit of free advice, never EVER admit you invested too much, you'll get us all in a Heep of trouble. lol. nice ride for sure, Welcome!!! did you buy the truck as is or has it been restored as is. I am finishing my bed wood so I really like yours. very very nice.
Hahahaha... yes, good advise. Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem from most. I have to self-control my spending - my wife always says "You made it, spend it how you want to".... Sometimes, I probably should have someone monitoring that aspect... Oh well. I try.

I actually got this truck at a good price. But I got talked into buying this hot-rod engine (replacing a 6 cyl) + other stuff...... Lot's of $$$$, and now, I don't like it. I'm just not a hotrod guy... I want nice and smooth. :-) Hardly wants to idle (lopes - high test gas - 500+ HP - etc...)...

So now, I'm looking to getting a new crate engine... that should be this spring/summer if all goes well. Last year it was a new roof, the year before was a new HCAV unit.... I haven't drove it 100 miles since installed.

The truck was a forestry vehicle. The original miles are just over 67,000. It was the standard green 'National Park vehicle'... The guy I bought it from had been restoring it, and then had a heart attack. A few shortcuts were made on the final steps (no back bumper, not original tail lights, etc...). But overall, I thought it was something I could tinker with (in my limited mechanical world)... Til I got with the engine deal. Ah well, I've said more than intended. I hope to sell my engine to a 'Rodder', and purchase a nice replacement. Get my time behind the wheel - :-) That's what I am looking towards.

The bed wood (in my opinion) is deceiving in photo. It needs to be redone (sanded and stain/poly).. But that is something I can do - :-D

Too wordy... I hope that doesn't give me bad marks. Thanks for the comments.
Zorro1958 is offline   Reply With Quote