View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #735
66ChevyMax

Re: Mesquite 1966 C10 - LS3 W/Air Ride

Thanks Clem, I started this project in Oct of 2011 and hit it like gang busters for a year them took some time off, ok a lot of time off,

There was a list of things that I did not want to change, vent windows, bench seat, chains on the tailgate and the gun rack. All of those things are tied to strong memories of the truck. I loved the fact that we used her like a truck should be used for all those years but now it's time for her to just look sexy at 50+ years old

My goal was when I'm finished someone can come along and get all the information they need to help them with their truck, I hope this thread helps many to come in the future. The biggest buzz killer is the fear of the unknown and I hope this will help remove that fear so others will have the confidence to take on these projects and keep these trucks on the road.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
I must be sleep walking through the forum to have missed this amazing build. What a tribute to your Dad. Love all the changes and upgrades you've made… well written and photographed too. Nice Job!

One of the coolest things to me is that his gun rack is still hanging there. When you're killing it in the shows I hope you hang one of his rifles in the window. After all… it is Texas.
1957 Chevrolet 2dr Hardtop
"It makes sence if you don't think about it"
Mesquite 1966 C10 - LS3 W/ Air Ride
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4989763
66ChevyMax is offline   Reply With Quote