View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 72 Chevy Longhorn Bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtro View Post
My father and I are in the process of restoring his '72 Chevy C20 Longhorn. We are doing a proper frame-off restoration, also doing all the wrench work ourselves, and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to fix up the bed or if anyone sells any OEM replacements for the Longhorn beds.

The bed has significant rust damage to the lower side panels and the passenger-side toolbox built into the bed has completely rusted out. As well the rear corners of the side panels are rusted out.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture to show the extent of the damage but if anyone can direct me in the correct way to handle all this, with minimal expenses, that would be great!

Longhorn beds can be kind of hard to find but it sounds like that would be the way to go for you. You might look in the '67-'72 classified forum on here and see if anyone is parting one out. You can't post a "want to buy" unless you are a "Premium" member but if you see one for sale you can buy it. You might post a want to buy on your local Craigslist and see if one pops up.

Just some thoughts.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote