View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #1067
watahyahknow

Re: Its Mine the World Famous 67 Dragtruck

have been looking intoo those truckarms from hotrods to hell before , they look nice , think they made them for a few other cars and trucks too
did they use I beams and added stiffeningplates to them made them from U profile welded against eachother like the originals or constructed the arms from flat steel ?
allso curious if they added stiffeningplates to both sides
(i'm guessing yes , as the arms should be mirror images of eachother )

its actually hard to see welds on the inside edge of the parts where there no stiffeningplates welded in and cant see the top and bottom edge of the arm so i cant be sure
cant realy see wat they did at the hingepoint either , looks like a bushing with rubber wall pressed inside thickwall pipe welded intoo the beam and it looks like they bended the stiffeningplate up so it welds to the outside edge of the pipe to make it stronger

could you make some closer pictures from both ends of those arms?

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 05-15-2016 at 02:13 PM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote