View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #23
BlueDiver

Re: 1960 C-50 Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolds88 View Post
First, the little black box should be the voltage regulator. I believe the older ones had 3 wires. I think when they went to alternators, they went to 4 wires. As for schematics, a pick up schematic should work for you. One thing I would do is to pull the fuses, one by one and clean the terminals in fuse box. Also a multi meter is your friend.
Thanks mrolds88....I am very intimate with my voltmeter, just not sure what I should be reading where. I think that will become self evident once I get into it. It is still a DC system so it shouldn't be too hard. The issues I am least confident about are the brakes, turn signals, and generator.

Brakes: Not as worried about. Should just be a contact somewhere on the assembly.

Turn signals: Probably where I worry worst because I have to get into the steering column and not sure how it comes a part and if I will get it back together. Although it is a 56 year old truck when things were made to be taken apart. I think of modern steering columns and cringe about taking them apart.

Generator: Not that worried but I need to do a little research. My whole life has lived in the world of alternators so a generator is somewhat foreign to me.

Once I get those, power distribution and making it work won't be an issue at all I think.
BlueDiver is offline   Reply With Quote