View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #9
71jimmy

I contacted InlineTube tech support yesterday. All they said was that what they sent me was correct for my vehicle, that's all they have, and have never heard of my situation before. Oh yeah, they also added they have no idea of how it connects and never have, they just build'em. Great tech support!
That got me Teed Off, so I took the afternoon off from work, finally a slow day, what the heck, should have done that weeks before. Visited my local recycle yards, but no one had any 69-72 trucks, blazer, jimmys. Man these things are getting scarce, better hold on to them they will only go up in price. Anyway, on my travels I spotted a 72 blazer sitting in front of a business, stopped in, talked to the owner, he let me look at the e-brake setup etc. Later that afternoon I ran across a guy with a truck, he aslo let me look at his setup. So now I know what the heck is going on here. There is no magic, no special pin, hook, groove etc to hold it in the clamp/bracket. The front of the clamp is supposed to be shaped in like a oval, the rest being round so the cable housing sits in the clamp, but the oval at the front is just enough to were it keeps the housing from pulling through. Mine had been mis-shaped by the PO who jacked this up to start with.
I knew it was going to be some minor stupid thing. Anyway , thanks evryone for your help.

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote